Sunday, May 21, 2023

Tenth Day at OSS - 5/19/23

 Today was quite a day to finish out my senior project on. It was the day for FAA (Festival for Arts and Achievements). While the girls were in Friday classes, I helped to set up art exhibits, tables and chairs, sweeping and cleaning floors and other surfaces, stowing shelves and other work that was not related, and many other small tasks. After lunch, everyone, both students and staff helped with other last minute tasks such as setting up the outdoor classroom stage, and making sure the hallways were clear and accessible for everyone. The event started at 4:30, with lots of speeches from the head of school, board members, and trustees. After the introduction, the some girls from all grades put on a lovely poem/song accompanied by the New Bedford Orchestra, and it was absolutely beautiful. I had heard them practicing all week, but had no idea what to expect. After that, I watched the fifth graders perform their music piece which I had seen them do multiple times throughout the 2 weeks. It ended up going pretty smoothly, with lots of smiles and giggles. I started touring the halls of the school, there was SO much to look at and listen too. I was extremely proud of each and everyone of the students at OSS, their hard work really shone through. 


Hours: 8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home