Monday, May 15, 2023

Week 1 Reflection - 5/14/23

My first week of senior project was filled with a lot of learning, bonding, and having fun. I deeply enjoyed getting to know all the fifth graders individually, as well as the staff and teachers at OSS. Each day was filled with so much love for learning. It was really great to see that when a teacher would ask a question, several hands would fly up into the air. I have done a lot of thinking throughout this week about my own fifth grade experience, and how I wish we were as engaged and excited as all these girls are every single day. 

The connections that I have created are really special. The girls feel comfortable asking me anything, whether it is about my family and personal life or what my favorite book series is. Every day this week when I walked into their classrooms, I was greeted with lots of hugs, joy, laughter, and love. The girls have asked me a few times this week if I will ever come back to OSS and see them when my senior project is over. I am hoping that I can continue these connections and relationships that I have made, possibly coming back to OSS in the summer for camps, and next year to visit them as sixth graders. 

This coming Friday, as I mentioned in my last blog, is the Festival for Arts and Achievements. Every student at OSS will be showcasing some of their work that they are exceptionally proud of, and parents, guardians, friends, and others associated with OSS will come to see it all laid out. I am excited to see everything they choose to display, and also feel a sense of accomplishment as some of this work will be stuff that I have helped them prepare and practice. I hope this next week is filled with even more learning, bonding, and fun!

1 Comments:

At May 16, 2023 at 6:32 PM , Blogger MLM said...

Those students are "lucky" to be with you, Molly. The squad is proud of you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home