Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Second Day at OSS - 5/9/23

Today was a similar schedule to yesterday, but a few new classes took place that I had not been able to sit in on yet. Those included science, art, and fitness. I thought art was really worthwhile and fun. The girls are being taught how to use the laser cutter with drawings they made last week relating to their unit on Native Americans. Science was also really interesting and easy to follow along as they started a new unit on astronomy today. Everyone seemed really excited to start this unit and learn about the planets and our solar system. Something I noticed both today and yesterday was finding it hard to remember how to do fifth grade level math, as I am used to having access to a calculator and access to other tools to help me in different kinds of math. In class, my job has been to walk around and answer questions, help brainstorm ideas, and try and help figure out next steps. The girls have been doing something new each day and it has been hard for me to remember the steps and the concepts. I hope to be able refresh my mathematical skills over these next two weeks. 


Hours: 6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home