Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Week 2 Reflection - 5/21/23

Week 2 at OSS was even better than the first. I was able to start the week knowing what the general schedule would be each day. I also had started building great connections with everyone. This week also felt much longer than the first, as there were more things to do to fill my time, especially getting ready for FAA. 

FAA turned out to be absolutely amazing. It was so good to see numerous founders, board members, trustees, parents, other family members and friends all gather in the outdoor classroom and throughout the hallways to celebrate these talented, gifted, smart, and amazing girls. The music performances all sounded really good. The walls were filled with paintings, drawings, poems, digital art, and reflections. I was amazed at the talent, there was a lot of it! 

Towards the end of Fridays event, I started to realize how grateful I was for these new friendships and bonds that I had made both with the staff and students at OSS. The girls looked up to me and learned from me, and I was also able to learn a lot from them. As I said goodbye, I gave everyone a hug and congratulated them on all their accomplishments. All the students at OSS should be very proud of themselves. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home